Monday, August 4, 2008

Navy Family




Ok, I guess it's time to announce to everyone that Brock joined the United States Navy. I know, I freaked out at first too. I never thought that I would be a military wife. I know it's going to be hard but in the long run I know this is right for us. Brock signed up for SWCC (Special Warfare Combatant Crewman). It is a field in the Special Operation program. Which means he will learn how to operate the speed boats that patrol and protect the waters and they also take Navy Seals in and out of their missions. I am so proud of Brock, he works so hard and so much right now, he deserves to do something that he will enjoy and be able to get an education. That was a big plus about the Navy, with the G.I. Bill school will be completely paid for. Brock will spend 8 weeks in boot camp and then head to Coronado Island California (San Diego) for 22 weeks for his SWCC training, after that....?? I will be staying here in Arizona working until he is done with his SWCC training. I am going to go crazy, the longest we have been apart is a week, and during that week we called each other like 20 times a day. I don't know what I'm going to do when he leaves for boot camp and I won't be able to talk to him for 5 weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good thing you have lots of friends near by to help out while Brock is gone! Everything will turn out juuuuust fine :) loved those pics of Owen, he's a keeper!

The Van Fam said...

Melanie that is so exciting! That sounds like such a fun thing for him! That is a long time for him to be gone but it will be worth it! We should hang out soon!

Joey and Ashley said...

Oh wow! Thats exciting. My bro went into the army and it gives you so many good opportunities and opens up a lot for him. Thats really cool! COngrats to him! You will just have to hang out with us girls more that he is gone and you are lonelY!