Saturday Brock and I decided to go on a hike together. My mom was kind enough to watch the kiddos for us. Thanks mom!! It was so nice for us to spend some time with each other before Brock leaves for boot camp. We got started a little before 7 am and took us about 3 hours to get up to the top and about 2 1/2 to get down. Oh man, this was the hardest hike I've ever been on, also the most rewarding. It was so beautiful up at the top. You could see the entire valley! The hike starts out at about 2000 feet in elevation and by the time you reach the top your at about 4800 ft. I would definitely do this hike again. Next time though, I'll be in better shape. That mountain kicked my butt. Its been 2 days now and I'm still SO SORE. I can barely make it up and down the stairs at home. Oh well, it was worth the time Brock and I spent together.








Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That is a hard core hike!!! Way to go!!!
Hey! I wanted to send you an invite to my baby shower! Can you send me your address to ashley5215@cox.net?
Thanks! : )
Wow that looks so hard!! You are a trooper Mel! I'm getting ready to do a hike over Memorial Day and i'm worried! It was fun seeing you this weekend. I miss you already.
I've been so bad at checking blogs!
Sounds like you did the flatiron hike, eh? I did that a couple years ago. It is SO hard, but the view up top is so worth it.
Melanie you look awesome. Hooray for parents who can watch the kids!
Now, I'm off to catch up on the rest of your blog...
Wow what a view! Looks like fun, good for you.
Post a Comment