Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bootcamp

Well today was the day Brock left for bootcamp. It still doesn't seem real to me. We've been talking about the Navy and bootcamp for the last 10 months that it didn't really hit me until the night before and it hit me hard. It will take awhile to get use to Brock not being here, so bear with me.
Brock's recruiter came and picked him up at about 5:15 this morning to take him to MEPS (I don't know what it stands for but it's the main military building in Arizona, it's in downtown Phoenix) to take his final drug test and physical. Everyone has to take it and pass it before they send them to bootcamp in Great Lakes Illinois. He will be there for 8 weeks! I was able to talk to him for a few minutes before he boarded the plane to Illinois and then again when he landed! It was so nice to hear his voice! The last time I talked to him was just over an hour ago (9:40pm our time, so that makes it 11:40pm his time) He was only aloud to tell me 4 things:
1. He made it there safe
2. He is sending me some paperwork with a lot of information I will need to know.
3. A package of his clothes he wore there and his cell phone will be sent home to me
4. He will call me in about 2 weeks.
We said "I love you" to each other and then hung up. 49 seconds! They only gave him 49 seconds to talk! I guess I'll have to get my pencil and paper out and write some good old fashion letters.
1 day down 55 days to go. I hope the next 55 days go by really fast!!
I LOVE YOU BROCK!!

4 comments:

Brittney Blount said...

We were wondering when he was leaving. We actually walked over to your house on Monday to see if you guys were there but obviously you weren't. We are going to miss you guys. You need to come back and visit when we have our get togethers!!

Anonymous said...

Aww Melanie my heart aches for you!! Being apart is so hard but your positive attitude will get you through girl! Hang in there and let us know if you need anything!

The Van Fam said...

Oh melanie, this makes me sad to read. Please let me know if you need anything! This is such a good and brave thing that he is doing!

Joey and Ashley said...

You will need to come hang out with us a lot more! Im sure it will fly by! Let me know if you need anything! : )